Now that your weight loss surgery is over, you’ll want to know what types of foods and exercises will help to get, and keep, the excess pounds off. Your Glendora General Surgeon will work with you to develop a nutritional management and exercise plan that will help you lose weight, regain muscle strength, and avoid risks associated with rapid weight loss. Just as the extra pounds did not happen in a short period of time, regaining your ideal weight needs to be managed in a manner that does not compromise your overall general health.
While your enthusiasm to reshape your physical image is a positive motivation, it must be done in a manner that will neither stress your body nor overwork your heart, lungs, and internal organs. If you have any physical disabilities, your general surgeon will instruct you on an exercise regime that will progress along with your physical abilities. Nothing will hamper your efforts more than diving into an exercise program at a level of intensity that is beyond your current capabilities only to incur a sport related injury. Physicians and sports trainers know what they are talking about when they say that, “slow and steady wins the pace.”
In addition to how much, and how often, you can eat after weight loss surgery, your general surgeon will provide you with a list of nutritional foods that will encourage all of your bodily systems to function in a healthy manner. Your general surgeon will help you understand the importance of establishing a lifelong pattern of eating healthy so that once you achieve your ideal weight, you are able to stay at that weight level.
You will learn:
- The proper combination of proteins and good carbohydrates that help to avoid blood sugar highs and lows.
- How certain plant proteins let you feel fuller faster than meat and poultry products.
- Which meat and poultry products are beneficial for heart and diabetic health.
- Which foods will boost the fat burning process.
- Which foods will conserve the calories that reduce lean muscle mass.
- Which fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains help to maintain good cholesterol levels.
- What types of foods can fuel energy levels before exercising and what foods to eat after working out to repair muscle stress and promote muscle growth.
In a short period of time, eating nutritional foods will become a natural selection process. Working as a team with your general surgeon, you’ll have every advantage for obtaining and maintaining your optimum weight goal.