In the United States, gallbladder disease is fairly common but it is not always discussed. High Desert patients should understand the signs and symptoms of a gallbladder problem, so that they know when to contact a medical professional if needed. People in Apple Valley who are having issues with their gallbladder may find that they experience one or more of the common symptoms, and those symptoms may be a sign of a gallbladder attack or even a sign of gallstones in the organ. A general surgeon can help provide the patient with a diagnosis as well as a treatment option if necessary.
What are the Symptoms of Gallbladder Problems?
There is a variety of problems that can happen to the gallbladder throughout the course of time. In some cases, patients may not even realize that their signs or symptoms are results of issues with their gallbladder. Some of the most common symptoms of gallbladder problems include pain between the shoulders or around the right side of the rib cage or a headache over the right eye. Stools may be light colored or fatty, and people may suffer from indigestion. Nausea, bloating and gas can be signs of issues with the gallbladder. Diarrhea and constipation are also issues that may be associated with a problem with the gallbladder.
What are the Symptoms of a Gallbladder Attack?
Gallbladder attacks can occur suddenly and without warning, and they are very painful. Many patients choose to have their gallbladder removed after they experience an attack. However, there are other treatment options available.
What are the Symptoms of Gallstones?
Gallstones often are the cause of gallbladder attacks. It is important to understand the symptoms associated with most gallbladder issues, because these can be a sign of gallstones. About 70 percent of gallstones are silent gallstones that show no signs or symptoms, and do not cause many gallbladder attacks. The other 30 percent of gallstones may result in pain, indigestion and other symptoms of gallbladder issues.
Recognizing the signs and symptoms of the various gallbladder issues, patients can be more proactive about seeking medical help when necessary. Only a specialized doctor can diagnose and treat gallbladder issues, and provide patients with the relief that they need. A general surgeon is an expert in this region of the body, and will help patients find a treatment option that not only allows them to feel better, but helps to fix the problem in the future, as well.