Adrenal Fatigue is a syndrome in which the adrenal glands do not function as well or as efficiently as they should. Los Angeles County residents should understand that this condition can present itself after years of constant stress and frustration, but it also can develop as a complication of pneumonia, bronchitis, and the influenza. Glendora patients who feel that they might be suffering from Adrenal Fatigue should understand the signs and symptoms of this syndrome. A general surgeon, such as Dr. Elijah Mobley, can provide you with a diagnosis as well as treatment options for this syndrome.
What are the Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue?
- One of the first signs of this condition is feeling groggy or drowsy when you wake up, even if you have had a full night’s worth of sleep. This is a sign of the early stage of this disease. Patients have a difficult time getting up in the morning, because many people who suffer from this condition are under significant stress and are unable to get the refreshing sleep that they need because of fluctuations in their hormone levels.
- You feel constantly fatigued throughout the entire day, except during the evenings when you have a burst of energy. This is a symptom of the latter stages of this illness. As the illness progresses, people are not able to produce the hormones that they need in order to regulate their energy.
- You struggle to manage your stress levels on a physical and emotional level. Many patients report that they feel apathetic about their problems.
- You are constantly becoming sick and feel like you have a weakened immune system. Stress can impact a person’s cortisol levels, and cortisol plays a large role in the strength of an individual’s immune system. People with Adrenal Fatigue often suffer from respiratory illnesses as well as auto-immune disorders.
- You crave salty foods on a regular basis. The hormone imbalance that results from this syndrome prevents the body from properly absorbing sodium. As a result of this deficiency, you may be craving salty snacks that would help to replace your sodium supplies.
Adrenal Fatigue is a serious condition that should be addressed by an expert in general surgery. Dr. Elijah Mobley can work with patients who are suffering from Adrenal Fatigue in order to find a treatment option that works for them. In many cases, patients can recover from this syndrome simply by making lifestyle changes such as adopting a healthy diet or focusing on managing their stress better. If you are experiencing some of these common signs and symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue, be sure to set up an appointment with Dr. Elijah Mobley in order to get the treatment you need.